Tuesday, September 3, 2013

DragonCon 2013! The Loot Post


DragonCon was AWESOME!

I had a fantastic time playing games and people watching. 

Unlike the first time I went in 2010, this time, I made it home before midnight each night and got actual sleep. Also, unlike that 1st time, I did the convention my way.

In 3 days, I played 3 RPG sessions and a demo of Malifaux and went to two gaming panels. The games and panels will get their own write-up in a separate post as I want to give them their due.

In addition to the game playing and people watching, subsisting on almonds and energy drinks, and climbing the Peachtree Center stairs of DOOOOMMMM! more times than I'd ever want to, I also shopped.

A lot.

Here's my haul:

I got my mustache!
Purely for reference - and maybe a really detailed skirmish game.

Lot's of maps and rumors and such.

I have always loved the look of  TWERPS. I'll probably never play it. Lou Zocchi  himself gave me an incredible sales pitch for the module.  I couldn't say no!

More on this in the game post.

These books and gm screens, plus the TMNT rules I already had, bring me that much closer to a complete Palladium mutant collection
 

Most of the RPGs were at awesome discounts (except Fate: Accelerated ,but that's just $5 new anyway, and the TWERPS games) - even the used copies were less than the sticker (most were purchased at 30% - 50% off).

Next up, I'll post my thoughts on the games I played.

7 comments:

  1. That is an impressive haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely you are going to let us know a bit about some of those odd dice, aren't you?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course!

      I'll be working them into my solo gaming as well as some social games.

      For now, I think the big dungeon geomorph die is begging for use in a one-off dungeon crawl.

      -John

      Delete
    2. of course!

      I'll be working them into my solo gaming as well as some social games.

      For now, I think the big dungeon geomorph die is begging for use in a one-off dungeon crawl.

      -John

      Delete
  3. Nice haul John! Citybooks are some of my favorite gaming books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with the range, but after flipping through it, i thought it'd be something good for a campaign.

      Plus, even if I don't get a lot of use out of it, the maps alone were worth it.

      -John

      Delete
    2. I'm not familiar with the range, but after flipping through it, i thought it'd be something good for a campaign.

      Plus, even if I don't get a lot of use out of it, the maps alone were worth it.

      -John

      Delete