Sunday, January 26, 2014

Paint Table Saturday (just a day late)

So there's this community on over on G+ where people share what's on their painting table on Saturdays. 

I painted last night but then forgot to take a picture, so without further ado, here's what's on my painting table:



Most of my painting time last night was spent on the officer's sash - so frustrating! But he's done now.

I also slopped yellow paint on the Swedes in the background, and today I took a brief moment to touch up the three left-most of those figures - mostly adding the black lining for the yellow. They "just" need their coats, pistols, pikes, ammo pouch, straps, belts, and hat lace.

You may have noticed the primer flaking on the Russians. Don't even get me started on that.

4 comments:

  1. They look really sharp. I'm sure they'll finish up nicely.
    Curiously, I was just watching the old miniseries on Peter the Great, the one starring Maximillian Schell and all those famous types from the 1980s. It got me curious to know about the Great Northern War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,
      Thank you! Apparently that series isn't on DVD yet. Fortunately, at least for now, I could find some of it on YouTube. I'll have to take a look!
      -John

      Delete
  2. Thanks for participating and showing us your paint table John! I added your link in my blog post. I'm sure they will turn out great when they are finished!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sofie,
      Thanks for linking me! I think this Saturday Paint Table is a great idea.
      -John

      Delete