Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

I hope the dad's out there had a happy and stress free day today.

I was up at 4:30 AM with my little man, he wasn't doing terribly well, acting out and getting easily upset, and in my sleep deprived stupor, I wasn't able to pin it down, until 7:00 AM when I realized something was probably hurting. 

Children's Advil and 20 minutes later and he was his normal self. 


Later in the day, he was supposed to take a nap while I took a much earned dad-nap, and if it failed he was supposed to help his mom and her boyfriend do some work around the house. About two hours later, i woke up to my son's tears and screaming.

Apparently, dad hugs were needed before he could calm down; he quieted down and ended up falling asleep in my room for an overdue nap, which was followed by some brief dad-son grocery shopping and picking up Chinese take-out. 

He's a light in my life, so the tough days always are totally worth it in the end. Although it can be a struggle in the moment, that's for sure.

To keep thing's gaming related, I treated myself to some WWI minis as my fathers day gift to myself and they arrived yesterday:


My gift from my son and his mother will arrive within a week or so, HaT WWI Austrian Infantry and HaT WWI Austrian Infantry Heavy Weapons. 

I didn't mean to start a new gaming period - i swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment